Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Resolutions

2017 was a big year for me. Having Owen certainly changed everything, and he brings me so much joy every day. But having him has also given me a lot of reason to reflect on my life, on how am I living and what I value and how I demonstrate those things through my actions.

And so I am not so much making resolutions to dramatically change my behavior as I want to identify things that I want to work to improve and to ideally better demonstrate the things that I value.

- creating more and consuming less - I find it easy to get sucked into the void of apps or the internet, scrolling or clicking through a lot of content. This post is one example of what I want to do more of- use the internet to interact and engage and force myself to be at least as much of a creator as I am a consumer of this information.

- really pursuing the things I enjoy- this sounds pretty self serving right off the bat but I feel that over the past few years between infertility and then being pregnant I got very hesitant about pursuing anything or even letting myself feel that I wanted to pursue anything. I was always right around the corner from being on a bunch of medication, having to have a procedure, or then trying to take care of myself during my pregnancy. And so this year I want to try and rediscover more of my passions. I have been going to a yoga studio that I really like more regularly and I want to continue to do as many classes and workshops as I can.

- Writing- this ties back to the creating concept but is more specific- I always think that I want to write more but I struggle to actually do it. Today while cleaning up I saw some of the books that I wrote in elementary school- it really struck a nerve that writing is something that I've always been drawn to and so I really do want to commit to doing more of it this year, not with any specific goal in mind but just to enjoy the process and see where it leads me.

So. There are my resolutions. I have no doubt that I will probably fail at these but I'd like to at least try my best and see where it leads me.

Here's to a great 2018!

1 comment:

  1. StamiMax There are different exercise routines for different body types. Workout routines are also given according towards the ability and strength in the body to take the weight. Very light easy routines get for the beginners as they come in flow there exercises are altered and increased progressively. Today I am about to be looking into a significant aspect of Mike Gears program. http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/stamimax/

    ReplyDelete