Sunday, March 1, 2015

Second Opinion??

I have to write a little more about this because it has kind of blown my mind. I wrote in the last post about how Jacob and I had gone to get a second opinion, but the more I have thought about it it's amazing to me how different two opinions can be, with doctors who are both extremely confident about what they do.

When we went through everything 2 weeks ago we had the one surgeon who was completely convinced that I needed a hysteroscopy to clean up from my last D&C, and then my "old" doctor who advised me that he thought the risks involved in having surgery made it a bad decision. In the end, I didn't have surgery, did some other things with my original doctor minimally invasively, and things worked out. That's not to say that things may not have worked out if I had had the surgery; but just scary to think that I could have risked complications at worst or at best had the expense and physical invasiveness of going through another surgery that I didn't really need.

It makes me a little crazy to think that I need to question a lot of what is said but that's hard! And I try to remind myself that if I were dealing with a "serious" health issue things would be different, and I'm fortunate that I'm not, but still adds to the stress and sometimes frustration of the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment