Thursday, July 31, 2014

Not what we expect

I find it funny the ways that I'm reminded sometime that we are all dealing with something....and that no one's life is perfect, even if it looks that way from the outside.

I was talking to someone yesterday and we were just chit-chatting about where we lived, pets, etc, and we came around to kids and marriage. She asked if I had kids and I told her no, not yet, and I asked her if she did, she said no but that her mom bugged her about grandkids all the time since she had been married and was now divorced. I knew she looked young (my age or even younger I thought) but then she said "I never expected that at 32 I would be married and divorced". 

All I could think is that it feels like we all deal with things that are unexpected...I know I certainly feel that way. I guess all we can do is try to roll with the punches.

But it truly does remind me that whenever I think someone's life seems "perfect"- job, kids, spouse, whatever- it rarely is. Whether people are dealing with an illness, family issues, things with their kids, there is always something.

Sorry if this has sounded depressing, it's actually meant to be a good thing. For me, it reminds me to try and be kind to people- you never know what they are dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment