Friday, March 22, 2024

20!!

 I ran 20 miles today. Well, hiked and ran. 3700 feet of elevation too. I don’t think I truly thought even 3 months ago that I could do this. But it’s been a really cool process where I feel like my confidence has built week by week and now I know that the marathon will be challenging but I think I can do it. 

The hardest part of the run today was the first few miles, my lower legs were really tight but I did my best to stay calm and tell myself that it was going to get better once I really got warmed up, which it did. And then miles 9-12 were a bit of a down stretch but then I got to 13,14, and then at 15 it was just 5 to go and the final 5 ticked by pretty quick (the last 1.5 was a bit of a struggle but I mostly expected that. What a cool feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment