Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Time to Re-Set!

 Alright. I haven't posted here in a long time. I could say that it's life that has been busy (which is true) but I think the more honest statement is that I haven't made it a priority to write consistently, in general and on this platform. But I have been feeling lately like I want to make a renewed effort to write, really to capture life at this moment in time because it is so special.

And a lot of what I want to do is to have a record preserved for the boys, for Owen and Charlie, about what they are like now, because they are so precious and so amazing and it is so much fun watching them grow and learn.

Owen is so smart and also so kind and so thoughtful. He loves his little brother so much and it brings me so much joy to watch he and Charlie play together. Owen is a great reader, learning to play chess, taking guitar lessons although not playing consistently, and this year has played soccer, flag football, and baseball and also loves shooting hoops in the backyard. I think whatever sport hs is playing at a given time becomes his favorite. He also wants to help with everything, we are trying to teach him things like basic cooking and doing some chores around the house. Recently he's also been wanting to work out with Jacob a lot, and again we're trying to teach him some basics of using a plyo box and doing some simple footwork.

And Charlie is a fireball at this point, I think part is the age and part his personality, but he is so full of himself and wants to learn about everything, asks "Why?" all the time. He loves to dance and even to sing - recently he busted out singing along to Katy Perry's "Roar" which I thought was hilarious because I didn't know that he knew the words. This kid LOVES food - we were watching a movie the other day and they were eating pizza and he looks at me and says "Mom, I love pizza". Too funny. We just did potty training with him and after the first two weeks being kind of rough he is doing super well with it.

So. My goal here is to write something every day. It is going to be varied - some about kids, some cooking, running, yoga, work, a nice little potpourri.

No comments:

Post a Comment