Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Go for it!

 I was thinking last night that I want to remember as my kids get older to balance any cautionary advice with encouragement to pursue big, challenging goals. 

As I’ve told more people about running the marathon I have gotten a lot of “be careful, don’t hurt yourself” and while I know that comes from a good place I also think that most of the people saying it also know that I won’t do anything to put my health in jeopardy. I’d love to also hear some “go for it!” thrown in there too. I imagine that some of the caution stems from me being a woman and a mom and there is at some level an expectation or idea that I shouldn’t be pursuing hard physical challenges. 

I can handle the comments, but I do want to find a way to remind myself to encourage the boys to stay safe but also to push their limits because that is where some amazing growth and perspective happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment