Friday, March 8, 2024

Challenge builds gratitude?

 Well, I failed right off the bat. I wrote on Wednesday, then on Thursday I did my longest training run yet and then drove up to Tahoe- nothing I can complain about but the time completely got away from me.


But as I was running on Thursday I was thinking a lot about why people seek to do these trail runs and ultra runs, and it made me think that most of the challenges I have encountered in life so far have made me so grateful for what I do have (once I get to the other side). As I went for this long run I was thinking about how hard it was but also how lucky I am to have the chance to go do these long runs, to have both the time and the health, and then to get to do them in such a beautiful place like the Bay Area. I am really enjoying the process of challenging myself with this marathon training, challenging what I think I can do and how far I can go and also how i manage my thoughts during the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment