Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wild times in the woods

 I ran into a bobcat on my run yesterday. Definitely gave me pause, especially when it didn’t move after I made some noise and tried to “seem big” which is the standard advice. He didn’t seem deterred and kept heading up the trail in the same direction I was headed, so I followed very slowly behind, not wanting him to think he was being chased.

I was scared but also knew that the likelihood that he would hurt me was small, but also wanted to keep in mind that he was a wild animal. Eventually another runner came down the trail toward me and scared the bobcat off into the brush. I watched my surroundings closely for the rest of my run for sure!

Running on the trail has become a really happy place for me and I’m continuously amazed that even when I’m grinding through a long run and my legs are tired I can pass 3 or 4 hours on the trail and feel like it went by in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment