Sunday, March 10, 2024

I love you more than you know

 I just got back from a short trip to Tahoe with Owen since he had Friday off from school. We were lucky to get to spend time with our friends who are up there a lot and even meet up with one of Owen's classmates to ski with him. It has been a real joy to share the experience of skiing with Owen, we had him in some lessons for the past 2-3 years and this year is the first year he's really been able to get out and about on the mountain, feeling comfortable on blue runs and able to navigate around. Typical to him, he tends to stay in good control and not get too much speed anywhere, but skiing with his friend on Friday he was following and going faster than normal. Afterward he told me "I was going so fast I was scared" but it was just relating the facts, it wasn't "oh my gosh it was scary and I freaked out". I think he was proud of himself for handling the scary part.

And overall it was just fun to spend the time with him. He's so nice to be around and we have these fun little conversations about what he's thinking about. We were sharing a guest bedroom and on Friday night after a really long day he was going to sleep and said "I love you more than you know". That made my heart so full. I told him "I love you more than you can imagine". And then I think he was asleep 2 seconds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment